The Rotary Riverwalk offers the community intimate access to a valuable natural resource, the Milwaukee River. Along with providing business stimulus in the area, it offers science-based educational opportunities, and serves as the entrance or Gateway to Mequon at the intersection of Mequon and Cedarburg Roads.
Other benefits include:
- Preservation and enhancement of the natural beauty of the Milwaukee River
- Educational opportunities for schools for science based learning
- Safe and enjoyable access to the river
- Improvement to the quality of life in both communities
- Creation of a pedestrian-friendly environment promoting healthy living
- Enhancement of the Mequon/Thiensville park system